Udvartanam – Dry Powder massage
Dry Powder massage
45 mins – 1hr/ 8400THB (for 7 treatments)
Udvartanam therapy is a dry massage that is based on the use of powders composed of herbs, minerals and medicinal species. The treatment stimulates the metabolic process of the body. This treatment pacifies aggravated Kapha, reduces excess fat from the subcutaneous tissues, alleviates heaviness, lethargy, oedema, depression, poor circulation and improves skin tone and colour, benefits the lymph/plasma and the blood tissues, detoxifies, purifies, improves the mobility of joints, strengthens the muscles, rejuvenates the body, opens up the body channels. The therapy effectively treats conditions like diabetes, diabetes neuropathy, lymphatic congestion, water retention and swelling, and obesity.
- Helps in losing weight.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Helps to relieve stress and induce relaxation.
- Removes blockages in blood vessels.
- Stimulates fat metabolism.
- Reduces and balances Vata and Kapha.
- Highly beneficial for people with diabetes and obesity.
Udvartanam has been used to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Kapha balancing
- Multiple sclerosis – MS
- High Cholesterol
- Insulin resistance
- Fatty liver
- Heaviness/ Depression
- Pre-diabetes condition
- Lack of freshness
- Lethargy and laziness
Udvartanam should be avoided when:
- High Pitta condition – inflammation, redness, burning sensation
- Diseases with severe pain
- Wounds, cuts or burns
- Too dry skin (Vata condition)
- Kids and infants
- Tissue depletion
Duration: 45 mins – 1hr
Price: 8400 THB – 7 sessions
No treatments during menstruation.
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind Words of Clients
Nancy is a great Ayurveda practitioner with a lot of empathy, compassion and abilities to overview the situation of a person. She helped me to gain more insight into how to manifest my routines in life better and passed on great ayurvedic knowledge with her lifestyle plan, created for me. Totally recommend her to anyone who wants to step into Ayurvedic Practices a little! Unfortunately, the field is super complex so you could have so so so many more sessions to get a deeper insight but it was anyhow a very interesting and great experience for me to work with her and motivates me to work on my insight even more further.
~ Mary Gschwentner ~