Shirodhara & Foot massage
1,5 hrs / 3000THB
This treatment starts with a 30 minutes foot massage to relax your tired feet and ground you into the space.
An Ayurveda foot massage (Padabhyanga) has the ability to heal, revitalize and improve circulation in the entire body.
During Shirodhara, a warm healing oil is poured on one’s forehead. Also known as bliss therapy, Shirodhara is one of the most powerful treatments to relieve Vata & Pitta in the mind manifests as stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue and psychological disorders.
Shirodhara is often compared to proper sleep while being awake. During Shirodhara, you are aware that you are not sleeping, but you are feeling completely «disconnected» from reality. Upon completion, you feel fully rested, which sometimes cannot be achieved even after a long sleep.
Benefits of an Ayurveda Foot Massage
Daily ayurvedic foot rubs have many health benefits, including the ability to:
- Promote better sleep
- Relax the body’s physiology
- Increase energy
- Provide revitalization
- Alleviate certain foot pains
- Calm the mind and reduce stress
- Balance emotions
- Keep the body’s dosha in balance
Benefits of Shirodhara:
- Stabilizes the nervous system
- Stimulates the production of endorphins, serotonin, and positive brain neurotransmitters.
- Relieves anxiety, depression, insomnia, stress, fatigue, negative emotions, and mood swings
- Relaxing, soothing, and calming effects on the body and mind
Shirodhara has been used to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Panic Attacks
- Parkinson’s & Alzheimer’s
- Eye diseases
- Hair loss
- Greying of hair
- Neurological disorders
- Memory loss
- Shirodhara should be avoided when:
- Common cold
- Signs of fever
- Kapha Depression
- Cold or windy weather
- Allergic reaction to oils
- Barin tumour
- Organic sesame oil
- Ksheerbala Thailam
- Coconut oil
Duration: 1,5 hrs
Price: 3000 THB
No treatments during menstruation.
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind words of clients
Nancy offered me a Shirodhara massage.
It was my first time, I was curious to know more about Ayurveda and I really LOVED it.
I enjoyed the feeling of hot essential oils on my head. Massage on my neck, shoulder and head.
It was magic. I felt so peaceful.
But what makes the difference is Nancy. She is such a beautiful person, she makes me feel comfortable, her touch and her hands are incredible. Thank you again! I definitely recommend you to try.
~ Happy Vivanh ~
I was gifted a number of sessions with Nancy and enjoyed them so much that I kept going with additional sessions. It was especially helpful to receive these nourishing sessions alongside an ayurvedic cleanse. Nancy is knowledgeable and truly loves her craft which shows in her work and her care for her clients.
~Simone MacKay ~
I received a deeply relaxing and balancing Shirodara treatment from Nancy. Warm oil was gently dropping on my forehead as I was melting away and diving into deep deep relaxation. I felt so lovely taken care of and nourished in body and mind. Nancy’s massage is really a magical experience and I highly recommend her.
~ Christiane Eitle ~