Shiro - & Mukha Abhyanga
Head- & Face massage with Kansa Wand
This is a fantastic treatment to quickly relieve stress and rejuvenate!
An Ayurvedic head and facial massage concentrate on increased flow of energy as “marmas” or energy points are gently massaged.
The rejuvenation treatment relaxes and restores areas around the forehead, the head, the eyes, nose, mouth and uplifts the facial muscles, eases neck and shoulders tension. A range of different massage pressures and rhythms are used to stimulate the senses, increase blood circulation, encourage healing, and leave the body and mind completely rejuvenated and calm.
As a facial massage tool, we use a Kansa wand and Kumkumadi (Saffron) oil.
A Kansa wand is a wooden-handled tool with a tip made of Kansa metal—a material made of copper and tin.
The benefits of the Kansa metal include the balancing of pH levels, the purification of toxins, and, of course, the improvement of the skin. It works its magic by making contact with the marma points around the face, which are the energy centres that help determine our internal balance.
Benefits of Shiro- & Mukha Abhyanga:
- Improves and rejuvenates central nervous system health.
- Relieves fatigue.
- Improves vision, eye refraction errors, and eye strain.
- Relieves pain, headaches, migraines, stress, and insomnia.
- Relaxes muscles and reduces stiffness.
- Helps preserve the elasticity of all skin layers through this deep nourishment.
- Melts all facial tension and relaxes the mind by gently stimulating marma points on the face & head
- Leaves you with an incredibly youthful glow
- Tones and tightens the skin
- Reduces sagging of skin
- Exfoliates the skin
- Removes toxins
- Includes neck and shoulder oil application
- Nourishes Facial muscle, Neck and shoulder Ligaments.
Shiro – & Mukha Abhyanga should be avoided:
- During pregnancy.
- During your menstrual cycle.
- If you have any medical condition.
- If you’re suffering from acute indigestion.
- If you have the flu, covid, chills or an acute fever.
- If you have an acute illness, physical discomfort or high ama (indication of white, thick coating on your tongue).
- If you have broken or infected skin.
- If you have painful or swollen areas on your body.
- Kumkumadi oil (Saffron)
- Rose oil
- Sesame oil
Duration: 1 hr
Price: 1500 THB
No treatments during menstruation.
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind words of clients
After 5 weeks of intensive training, I treated myself to the ayurvedic massage. Wow, what a gift. Nancy created a beautiful space in her beautiful house. It felt really relaxing, nurturing and she really takes care of the details. I felt that everything was included in the treatment and after it, I felt so relaxed but energized.
Thank you Nancy for sharing your gift and your space in such a beautiful way.
~ Marieke Smits ~
I don’t know what Nancy did but it melted me to the core. She used special Ayurvedic oil on my forehead and I had an incredible deeply relaxed experience. I highly recommend trying it. Thank you, Nancy!
~Rich Lees ~
I had the most blissful massage experience with Nancy and definitely will be back for more. Nancy really has a magic touch in her hands which take you to deep relaxation supported by the space she has created complete with relaxing music and wonderful smells of herbs.
~ Marta Selter~