Patra Pinda Sveda Bolus – Leave treatment
Leave treatment – minimum 3 treatments
1hr/4500 (for 3 treatments)
Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sveda means fomentation or sudation. Svedana or fomentation is a treatment procedure that involves inducing sweat in an individual by heat application in the form of steam or other heated medicaments. As the body starts sweating in the Svedana treatment, stiffness, heaviness, and coldness are eliminated.
This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oileation) and svedana (sudation). Patra Pinda Sveda is also highly effective in the management of pain.
In Patra Pinda Sveda, leaves of medicinal plants and other drugs are tied up in the cloth and applied to the body while frequently heating it. Another name for this treatment is Ela Kizhi.
It is beneficial for muscular dystrophy, motor neuron disease, diseases of Vata, convulsions, muscular atrophy, ankylosing spondylitis, paralysis, neurological disorders and also for the rejuvenation of the body.
It rejuvenates and strengthens the joints, soft tissues and muscles in the body.
- Delays the age-related degeneration of joints
- Improves the range of movements of the joints
- Prevents water retention in the joints
- Improves blood circulation in the body
- Soothes the nerves and offers relief from neuralgic pain caused by nerve disorders
- Helps to eliminate toxins from the body through sweating
- Improves the sensory and motor functions in people with paralysis
Patra Pinda Sveda is beneficial for the following conditions:
- Back pain or body ache
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pains
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-traumatic dysfunctions
Patra Pinda Sveda should be avoided:
- If you have skin allergies
- If you have sensitive skin
- Fomentation should be avoided on the parts that have acute inflammation.
- Patra Pinda Sveda is contraindicated for pregnant women and people with diabetes.
- If you have cardiac problems, hemorrhagic disorders, indigestion, fractures, acute illness, and extreme fatigue.
Duration: 1 hr
Price: 4500 THB – 3 sessions
No treatments during menstruation.
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind words of clients
Are there not more than 5 stars here??? What can I say?! Nancy is an overall wonderful person and I will be forever grateful for what she has done for me. She is so knowledgeable and dedicates a lot of time to her customer’s needs and problems – I always feel like entering my own private SPA zone when I go and get treatment from her. For the longest, I have been suffering from severe back pain (mom of two toddlers, hello!), so, Nancy decided to work on my back in a series of different treatments including Shirodhara(2x), Abhyanga (2x) full body massage (great for mommies self-care ritual! as they are both 2hrs long), Kadivasti and Petra Pinda Sveda. For the latter, Nancy even went out into the woods and collected fresh leaves to prepare the session for me.
Aside from her treatments, she gave me a great exercise and movement tips to do at home in order to extend the benefits of her work and improve my health issues.
Would I recommend working with Nancy? 100%
~Julia Jerg ~