Abhyanga & Shirodhara
2hr/ 3500 THB
Our Signature Treatment combines two of the most popular ancient Ayurvedic treatments – Abhyanga & Shirodhara.
Combining these two potent treatments helps connect the body and mind at a deeper level while removing toxins, increasing circulation and completely relaxing the muscles.
This Signature treatment is recommended for those with insomnia, headaches, nervous tension, depression & anxiety, skin conditions or simply for those who want deep relaxation.
Abhyanga – full-body massage with warm Ayurvedic oil
Abhyanga massage is a full-body oil massage with loving hands for longevity and purification of the body from toxins (ama). Abhyanga promotes longevity, nourishes every part of the body, relieves pain, stiffness, tiredness and reduces stress. The word Abhyanga is translated as „rubbing the lymph“, which involves a copious amount of “warm” oil, long strokes and circular motions around the joints.
Shirodhara – The Queen of Ayurvedic Oil Therapies“
This treatment involves pouring a warm stream of herbalized oil over the client’s forehead. Also known as bliss therapy, Shirodhara is one of the most powerful treatments to relieve Vata in the mind. Excess Vata & Pitta in the mind manifests as stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue and psychological disorders.
- Helps overcome stress and calms the nervous system
- Helps combat insomnia, anxiety and chronic headaches
- Re-ignites mental creativity
- Invigorates the body and mind
- Improves memory and mental clarity
- Rejuvenates the face and softens worry lines
- Opens the third eye
- Increases spiritual awareness
Abhyanga & Shirodhara should be avoided when:
- Signs of fever or common cold or Covid- 19
- Feeling nauseous
- During Menstruation
- Cold or windy weather
- Ama or excess Kapha
- Kapha depression
- Acute injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acute stage of hypotension
- Active stage of cancer
- After surgery
- Immediately after Panchakarma
- Morbid obesity
- Fatty liver
- Acute inflammation
Massage: According to your Dosha
Shirodhara: Organic sesame oil
Price: 3500 THB
No treatments during menstruation.
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind words of Clients
I just had an Abhyanga & Shirodhara treatment with Nancy yesterday and it was such a beautiful experience!
Everything was perfect, I felt so cared for and so relaxed afterwards! I felt like I was in a really luxurious spa, such a treat for myself!
I highly recommend Nancy’s offerings!! Thank you so much.
~ Laetitia Laguerre ~
Nancy is amazing! I had a 2-hour session with her that left me feeling rejuvenated & calm. She has a wonderful touch, super gentle yet perfectly firm at the same time, it is so hard to explain. After my session I felt so peaceful, I also slept better than I have in ages! I highly recommend Nancy. Thanks again.
~ Mimi Ben Otman~
I have first in my life Ayurveda massage experience. And it was amazing!
I am glad I did it with Nancy. The atmosphere, the vibe that she has created was very joyful. I feel the whole space is hugging me in a cosy way. Nancy’s hands are healing, soothing, loving…creating very pleasant sensations. Thank you very very much!
~ Oxana Makarova~
Chrissy from Germany speaks about her Abhyanga & Shirodhara experience with Nancy.