Abhyanga full-body massage with warm herbal oil
1/1,5 hrs/ 1500- 1800 THB
Abhyanga massage is a full-body oil massage with loving hands for longevity and purification of the body from toxins (ama). Abhyanga promotes longevity, nourishes every part of the body, relieves pain, stiffness, tiredness and reduces stress.
The word Abhyanga is translated as „rubbing the lymph“, which involves a copious amount of “warm” oil, long strokes and circular motions around the joints.
This nourishing therapy is for everyone who seeks relaxation and balance in their entire being. Either you want to release pain, tension or work on a specific problem or you just want to treat yourself, you are most welcome for this divine Ayurvedic treatment.
- Better circulation throughout the body
- Provides lubrication for the joints, reducing pain and inflammation
- Encourages elimination of toxins and impurities from the body
- Increases strength of bones and muscles
- Helps tone the tissues of the body
- Improves immunity and tolerance
- Increases longevity
- It removes dirt from the skin hence improves the tone of the skin
- Promotes better sleep
- Relieves stress and anxiety
Abhyanga is indicated in the following conditions:
- Pain and stiffness in the muscles
- Frozen shoulder
- Swelling or oedema in the body
- Generalized weakness
- Rehabilitation after injury or surgery
- Decreased range of motion
Abhyanga should be avoided when:
- After eating
- Constipation/ diarrhoea/ digestive disorders
- Signs of fever
- Ama or excess Kapha is present
- During menstrual cycle
- While pregnant
- Acute injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acute stage of hypotension
- Active stage of cancer!
- After surgery
- Immediately after Panchakarma
- Morbid obesity
- Fatty liver
- Acute inflammation
According to your dosha.
Duration: 60 & 90 minutes
Price: 1500 & 1800 THB
No treatments during menstruation!
Before your Ayurvedic Treatment at AyuForLife, you should prepare for the session beforehand to get the full benefits from the therapy.
Here are a few points which you may keep in mind:
- You may require additional rest after the therapy.
- As this Ayurvedic therapy purifies your senses and mind in general, you may use this time to avoid any unwanted stressful thoughts.
- Try and avoid large gatherings post-session. Spend the rest of the day in a quiet, relaxed ambience.
- Avoid screen time & social media.
- Avoid having a heavy, full meal before the session. Instead opt for a light, healthy snack or meal.
- You will be asked to have a warm shower after the treatment.
Kind Words of Clients
I would highly recommend booking a massage with Nancy!
When I was in Phangan over New Year I booked an Ayurveda massage experience and it was wonderful! I enjoy massage but often feel quite tense and find it difficult to relax during, but this wasn’t the case at all with Nancy, who made me feel very comfortable and relaxed throughout. It is one of the best massages I have ever had.
She was able to travel to where we were staying (it had a massage table) which was really helpful, and she is such a lovely, friendly person to chat with as well. I will definitely visit her again next time I am on Phangan.
Thanks for a wonderful massage experience, Nancy!
What a wonderful experience! Nancy makes you feel very welcome from the moment you meet her. She is very passionate and a true professional who really listens to your needs and, and who makes sure she delivers a stellar experience. If I was to describe my session with her in one word, it would be: GOLD! Thank you one more time!
~ Ioana Bacanu~
I was lovingly received by Nancy when I arrived feeling depleted and utterly run down after a period of overworking myself and instantly felt in safe and knowledgeable hands. Having little previous experience with Ayurveda treatments I chose to follow her recommendations and am so glad I did – a truly enjoyable experience that had me waking up feeling nourished and re-energised the following day!
Tiffany from the USA shares her Abhyanga – full body massage experience.