Ayurveda Menstrual Awareness 4-Week Online Course
The ancient science behind menstrual practices
Dates: 8th to 29th January 2023, every Sunday,
90-120 minutes on Zoom
This 4-week online course is built to provide meaningful education about the menstrual cycle through an Ayurvedic lens alongside explaining the science behind the menstrual practices that have existed within the human knowledge sphere for thousands of years.
Is it really possible to interweave ancient practices into our busy daily modern lives? In this course, you will learn all about why ancient menstrual rituals are still extremely valid in today’s world.
We will meet over 4 weeks Sunday in January for 90-120 minutes live on Zoom.
Become body & Ayurveda-wise, attuned to your natural cycle with Ayurvedic wisdom.
This course is for:
- Women who want to learn and understand ancient menstrual practices or want to change their attitude towards menstruation and begin to experience this natural process as a gift.
- Parents, caregivers and future parents who want to learn about healthy menstruation so that they can pass on these teachings to their daughters.
Live Online: 8th - 29th Januray 2023
4x Sundays in Januray each session 1.5 -2 hrs
Get comfortable with notebook and pen.
Course Price 247€
Are you aware that menstruation problems are an insightful reflection of overall health?
This ancient knowledge is often perceived as discriminatory against women, however, once you understand the science behind these concepts, you will discover it’s completely the opposite.
My dear, I promise it will blow your mind.
It’s time to address the taboos and nip controversy in the bud.
It’s time to bring this ancient practice back to honoring ourselves, to become body and Ayurveda-wise to live healthier, in sync with the rhythm of our natural cycle, living in flow with the body rather than against it.
To understand these practices we need to learn about Ayurveda, understand the Doshas, Agni, Ama, and the elements. The Doshas—Kapha, Pitta, and Vata—describe the stages of the female cycle, each of which has its own set of fabulous qualities, considerations and activities perfectly suited to each one of them.
When you discover what to do, when to be on the go, and when to stop and recharge, you will harness every ounce of your magical superwoman powers to bring success and vitality into your life.
Did you know,
that you should avoid washing your hair whilst on your period because it actually stops your menstruation? This impacts you by impeding your natural balance and flow, which, in turn, has negative repercussions on your health and overall well-being.
Some things might be surprising to you now, but all will be explained as we will delve into many more ancient rituals that stretch far further afield than the customary Indian practices.
Ancient techniques passed down through the practice of Ayurveda and Yoga over thousands of years are the natural, holistic way to interrupt and break the chain of negative generational patterns in western society.
This is worldwide knowledge that, although long-forgotten by some, is relevant to all menstruating females; the course even includes practices my mum learnt from my grandmother.
‘Thank you Nancy for all the good work. You truly are an amazing soul, very professional, gentle and kind. Thank you for sharing the sacred knowledge of Ayurveda with me. I suggest that every woman should take a Menstrual awareness workshop with Nancy to better understand herself, the language of her body cycles, and to stay healthy, happy and balanced!’
– Katarina Gartell-
Over the 4 weeks we will cover:
- Ayurvedic principles: Doshas, the elements, Agni, Ama
- Learn about the influence of the Doshas in each phase of your cycle
- Traditional health with Yoga science – Chakras & Panchakosha
- Ancient menstrual practices and the science behind them
- Guidance on living more in flow with the different phases of your cycle
- Lifestyle suggestions around nutrition, movement, rituals
- Life management must-haves to sync your calendar with your cycle
- Healthy Menstrual Routine: Rajasvala Paricharya
- Connect to your flow by knowing your cycle
- A basic understanding of female disorders and the involved dosha(s)
Here is what you get:
- Weekly Live Calls with Nancy duration of 90-120 minutes
- Each interactive Zoom session includes: an educational teaching element; Q&A time; a sharing circle; a meditation or restorative yoga poses to integrate the knowledge learnt in the session to put the wisdom into practice
- Replay of the live sessions is made available 24 hrs after the session, accessible for the whole course duration
- An ebook with all of the course lessons
- Telegram shakti support group for the 4 weeks of the course
- Weekly holistic inspirations by email or in the Telegram group
- Get 15% off Nancy’s 1-on-1 coaching packages
- Restorative Yoga for healthy menstrual flow
How will this course positively impact your life?
- Develop a positive attitude toward menstruation
- Learn to work in sync with nature’s cycles—not against it
- Being body-wise and attuned to your personal cycle gives greater self-awareness to live a more harmonious, empowered life in alignment with your superpowers
- Help women prevent menstrual difficulties
- Develop a healthy menstruation routine using ancient and modern wisdom
- Feel less overwhelmed and stressed out by your ‘To Do’ list by aligning your personal and professional creative projects with your menstrual cycle
- Improve relationships with loved ones by knowing what you need and therefore able to communicate it to them
‘Menstruation has been a taboo subject for a long time. I am so glad that this is slowly changing because it is such an important topic for menstruating people‘s health. Nancy explains the menstrual cycle from an Ayurvedic perspective and how to work with it rather than against it. I think everyone should listen to this workshop, as the knowledge it contains is incredibly valuable and unfortunately still rare to find.’
– Clara Harms–
The menstrual cycle itself in Ayurveda is called Rituchakra with Ritu and Chakra meaning ‘series of changes’ and ‘cycle’. It really understands how we have natural, predictable fluctuations that affect mood, energy and cognition.
The Doshas Kapha, Pitta and Vata describe the stages, each with its own fabulous qualities, considerations and activities that perfectly suit them.
Ayurveda teaches us everything we need to know about understanding our hormones, habits, cravings, desires, moods, creative flow, focus, and productivity so that we know when to rock and roll, or when it is best to rest which enables balance and optimum health.
Your superpowers are revealed when you honor this cycle within.
4-week Live Online Course with Nancy
8th – 29th Jan.2023
Every Sunday live on Zoom for 90-120 minutes
Pilot course Special price:
Attend with your daughter – daughter gets half price!
Become body-wise -Save your spot!
Dates: 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th (Sundays) January 2023
Timing will be announced according to the different time zones of participants.
All calls will be live and recorded.
Replays will be available 24 hrs after the live session and for the whole course duration.
I invite you to shine light on these ancient menstrual rituals and work your menstrual magic.
Give yourself permission to be with your cycle instead of existing against it.
But most importantly, bring a friend! Share the link to invite a woman that you know needs to learn about that too or is struggling with menstrual problems. They’ll thank you for it.
This course is for you if you…
- Want to become body-wise & attuned with your natural cycle with Ayurvedic wisdom
- Want to learn about ancient menstrual practices
- Want to change your attitude towards menstruation and learn to experience menstruation as a gift
- Recognise the importance of menstrual awareness
- Realising the importance of creating a self-care practice that supports your natural cycle
- Are passionate about elevating cycle awareness & period positivity in the world
- Know that you’re ready to start syncing your cycle with your life & feel ready to make these positive changes
- Want to teach this to your daughter(s)
- Simply feel an inner YES to this course!
“The health of a woman is essential for the wellness of all beings and the planet and the Great Feminine essence is calling to be healed right now, more than at any other time in history. Our daughters need us as women to understand that we can guide and live empowered, authentic radiant wellness in all phases of our life.”
–Dipika Delmenico, ND–
A bit more about Nancy
Nancy is an Ayurveda Lifestyle Coach, Educator & Therapist, Yoga Teacher, Founder of AyuForLife Koh Phangan, and is a full-time (unshakable) optimist.
Her mission is to teach body-mind awareness to female entrepreneurs who dream of awakening the holistic version within by balancing their holistic health and well-being to achieve body alignment and higher awareness of their mindset through being open to the universal guidance based on Ayurvedic wisdom.
Nancy is based on Koh Phangan in Thailand. She offers AyuForLife one-on-one Ayurveda Lifestyle coaching, consultations and therapies, online courses, masterclasses and retreats.
Her Pitta/Vata constitution drives her zest for life, which she leads with a passionate, structured and honest heart. She feels equally at home hiking mountains and swinging kettlebells as she is relaxing in the spa between cuddles with her beloved dog.
“I am so grateful for this ancient, sacred knowledge. I only wish someone would have taught me it when I had needed it as I developed into womanhood. If I had known when to rest instead of pushing myself to the limit, I am sure I would have had fewer problems than if I had possessed all this knowledge at a younger age. Since the Ayurvedic wisdom started to shine into my life, Ayurveda became my greatest healer and it can be yours too.”
Unfortunately, western society still has a very conflicted and problematic relationship with menstruation; nobody really tells young women how to deal with their menstrual cycle when they are growing up, which continues into adulthood along with any problems they are experiencing with it.
It’s a shame such ancient empowering practices are widely disregarded as ‘period myths’ when, in truth, they are of enormous value to girls and women.
Without knowing the scientific reasoning behind these practices, there are some deeply ingrained misconceptions in society that they are discriminatory against women which have resulted in deterring people from learning about them, despite the fact this view couldn’t be any further from the truth.
Without casting blame, there is a great deal of inherited ignorance around the female cycle. Rather than allowing the same shame, taboos and misunderstandings to continue to be passed down to the next generation, we have the power to educate ourselves and our children on the science behind these practices. You will be amazed at the positive effects and benefits they can have on female health.
It’s time to progress and break the cycle for the benefit of all women in our future.